STEPS TOWARDS CLOSING
ON YOUR NEW HOME
- Purchase Agreement is signed by buyer & seller then faxed to buyer’s lender.
- Earnest money is deposited into trust account within five days of signed Purchase Agreement.
- Abstract is taken to abstract company for seller search.
- A full house inspection is set up & done within designated time on Purchase Agreement.
- Any deficiencies from the inspection is corrected or negotiated.
- An appraisal is ordered by buyer’s lender & completed. Any repairs required are resolved.
- Pest inspection is done and any issues resolved.
- Buyer obtains homeowner’s insurance on new home.
- Title Commitment or Title Opinion is done by buyer’s/lender’s attorney and any or all title issues are resolved.
- An actual closing date is set by closer & buyer.
- Utility companies are called so transfer of utilities can happen on closing day.
- A final walk-through is done.
- CLOSING DAY!! YEAH!!! The keys to your new home are YOURS!!
- Buyer is advised to change the locks and to sign up for Homestead Credit.
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW HOME!!!