STEPS TOWARDS CLOSING
ON YOUR NEW HOME
- Purchase Agreement is faxed to buyer’s lender.
- Earnest money is deposited within 5 days of signed Purchase Agreement.
- Abstract is taken to abstract company.
- A full house inspection is set up & done within designated time on PA.
- Any deficiencies from the inspection is corrected or negotiated.
- An appraisal is ordered by buyer’s lender & completed and any repairs required are resolved.
- Pest inspection is done.
- Buyer obtains homeowner’s insurance on new home.
- Title Commitment or Title Opinion is done by buyer’s/lender’s attorney and any or all title issues are resolved.
- An actual closing date is set by closer & buyer.
- Utility companies are called so transfer can happen on closing day.
- A final walk-through is done.
- CLOSING DAY!! YEAH!!! The keys to your new home are YOURS!!
- Buyer is advised to change the locks and to sign up for Homestead Credit.
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW HOME!!!!